New Year Diet – Fast Weight Loss
Are you, like many of us at this time of year, looking for a route to fast weight loss in our New Year Diet? Look no further, because here at 1 is 2 Fat, we’ve been looking at all the options to lose weight fast now for over 25 years and we understand that it’s easy sometimes to get blinded by the plethora of fast weight loss promises around us.
Now, after all this time, we’ve taken a step back and sorted through the choices to present you with our fast weight loss recommendation. Exactly the type of weight lost we all want, especially at the start of a New Year when we’re feeling the effects of all that rich food and binge eating over the Christmas and New Year period. So it’s time to empty your cupboards of any leftover treats – no, we don’t mean into your stomach! – And lose those excess pounds fast.
Fast and Healthy Weight Loss
We believe we’ve found one of the fastest ways to lose weight.
It allows you to completely personalize your diet plan to your weight, height, body shape, age and activity levels and it puts you in complete control of your goals.
A little bit of Magic to Speed up your Weight Loss
Here’s our step by step instructions, together with a real life example of fast weight loss:
Before you start – Gather The Facts
- Find out exactly how many calories your body burns in an average day. Find out yours here.
- Establish the size of your skeleton. Find out yours here.
- Calculate the percentage of your body weight which is made up of fat. Find out yours here.
- Check your personal ideal weight by using the info above and checking the weight for height chart. Because you’ve completed the 3 previous steps, you’ll know this is both accurate and realistic.
- Apply the calorie deficit method. Use the Diet Planning Calculator to find your finish date and personalised calorie requirements.
Applying the Calorie deficit Method
I know this bit sounds boring, but it’s fundamental to the magic, so bear with me.
Say for example that I know the following:
- My BMR is 1700
- I have a large frame
- My Height is 5’6″
- My ideal weight is 136lbs
If I want to lose 20lbs and I eat 1000 calories per day (1 pound of fat = 3500 calories), it would take me 14 weeks! Don’t worry, we’ll calculate this for you in our Diet planning calculator.
Not fast enough for you?, so what can you do?
Here’s the magic:
The magic way to lose weight faster
Here’s our 3 point plan:
- Set a faster (but sensible) goal – it’s motivational and puts you in control in the example we are using, I want to lose the same weight in less time, so let’s change the goal to losing 20lbs of fat in 8 weeks. This means I need to burn an extra 550 calories a day – OMG!
- Find a way, believe you can do it.
- Understand the science
- Use the calorie calculator and the calorie burn planner, to work out what exercise you can do to burn those extra 550 calories a day. As an example, let’s say I choose to do 30 minutes of Aerobics a day, that would burn 205 calories, but that’s not enough and I really can’t manage double that – not every day!!! Easier still, I use the all in one diet planner to calculate what you can do automatically and adjust your preferences.
- But wait… here’s the magic, Just doing 30 mins of aerobics a day will take me from being lightly active to moderately active, so I get a free bonus… my BMR has gone up to 1845! That means the 205 calories a day I’m burning is actually worth 350… Now things are looking up!
Now if you ensure every day that you eat no more than 1000 calories a day, you will lose weight. But as in my example, not fast enough for times when you need to lose it fast like a New Year Diet or to get ready for a holiday. And no, I’m not going to tell you to eat less than 1000 calories a day or pop a diet pill. What I am going to tell you is the magic that works for me.
I include one meal a day which is made up of foods that burn fat. For example I may eat a meal containing lots of Jalapeno, Habanero, and Cayenne Peppers & drink lots of black coffee every day. Check for other Fat burning foods here.
The Capsaicin in peppers speeds up your heart rate (a bit like a diet pill might) A study from the late 1980s found that eating a single meal like this could increase your metabolism by up to 25 percent, for up to 3 hours after you finish eating.
So let’s do the maths – if my BMR is 1845 over a 24 hour period and I boost it for up to 3 hours a day by 25%, that’s an extra 230 calories a day. The extra coffee I’m drinking will take care of the other 20 calories!
So that’s it! You could lose fat faster on your New Year Diet, without eating less than 1000 calories a day, it’s my way of speeding up my weight loss and it works for me! I take no responsibility though if you choose to copy this method. I’m just saying what works for me. Do your own research and make your own decisions and always check with your Doctor especially if you are on any medications or have any health issues.
We hope this New Year Diet plan helps you.