Fat-Burning Food Guide:
Calorie Burning Super foods do more than just fill you up, they can help you burn more calories! Which means you can lose more weight!!
Food is all about nutrition and providing fuel for your body, but some foods pack an extra punch, when it comes to burning calories. Calorie Burning Superfoods aren’t just good for you, they can also boost your metabolism to help you lose weight faster and stay full and energized while you do it.
Here at 1is2fat, we think that’s brilliant and a great way to lose weight fast. So we’ve decided to list these calorie burners to help you incorporate them into your calorie controlled diet and weight loss plan. Check out how we did it here.
Calorie Burning Superfoods to Speed up your metabolism
Lean Meats and Poultry
- The protein in lean cuts of beef, pork, chicken and turkey require more energy to digest than carbohydrates and fat. Research shows that eating a high-protein meal will help your body burn up to double the calories of a carbohydrate loaded meal in the hours after eating.
Milk, Oats and Whole Grains Foods
- Rich in calcium can help you to lose weight. Research shows that dieters who consume between 1200 mg and 1300 mg of calcium every day, lose twice as much weight as dieters who don’t. Also, complex carbohydrates and fiber help to keep insulin levels low, and can help you to feel fuller as well.
- In addition to building strong bones, calcium also inhibits the production of calcitriol, a hormone that tells cells to generate more fat. Several studies have concluded that incorporating low-fat or nonfat dairy products into your diet can help you lose more weight.
Green Tea and Coffee
- The caffeine in green tea and coffee increases the heart beat and the faster your heart is going the more calories you burn. Also, green tea may contain EGCG and antioxidants that studies indicate help increase metabolism and reduce fat storage. Green tea is one ambitious beverage. Not only is it said to help prevent cancer and heart disease, but numerous research studies have also found that drinking green tea, or taking green tea supplements, can also rev up your metabolism. Just how big of a difference can this fat-burning brew make? Some researchers claim if you drink five cups of green tea a day, you’ll burn 70 to 80 extra calories. That’s not bad, and definitely worth a shot!
Spicy food and Peppers
- Hot spicy peppers like jalapeno, habanero, and also cayenne pepper spice contain capsaicin which has been shown to increase the heart rate and metabolism. It’s also been demonstrated to stimulate the part of the brain that tells you when you’re full to keep portion sizes in check.
- Like it hot? Good news: Eating spicy foods can help you burn more fat. Hot foods make you sweat and raise your heart rate, which temporarily increases your metabolism. So grab some cayenne, your favorite bottle of hot sauce, hot chilies or red pepper flakes, and give your food — and your metabolism — a kick.
- Research shows that a quarter teaspoon of cinnamon, eaten with food, helps metabolize sugars more effectively and lower the body’s blood sugar levels. This is helpful because high blood sugar levels and excess sugar in the blood can lead to fat storage. Cinnamon also brings out natural sweetness in food and, well, tastes good. So sprinkle away it’s one of the best Calorie Burning Superfoods!
Fresh Water Fish
- Fresh water fish like salmon, tuna and sardines are all high in omega-3 fatty acids which are healthy fats. They help reduce the levels of a key hormone known as leptin, which is important for regulating metabolism. People with low body fat tend to have low leptin concentrations.
Research suggests that this sweet ‘n’ sour citrus fruit can aid in weight loss. One Scripps Clinic study found that eating half of a grapefruit or drinking four ounces of grapefruit juice with meals (without making any other changes in eating habits) resulted in an average weight loss of more than three pounds in 12 weeks. Scientists speculate the weight loss happens because grapefruit lowers insulin levels, which curbs your urge to snack. And, of course, the less you snack, the easier it is to lose weight.
Tip: If grapefruit is a little too tart for you, try sprinkling some Splenda on top. It’s worth it because Grapefruits have been long known to be one of the top Calorie Burning Superfoods.
Can foods help burn fat?
Some experts insist they can. Above is our list of diet-friendly foods that are rumoured to fight flab!
Don’t forget Water
Skimp on water, and it’ll be harder to lose weight. Dehydration slows down your metabolism, and it can also lead to sugar cravings and fatigue (which might make you less likely to exercise). Some experts recommend guzzling eight cups of H2O a day.
Protein is essential for building muscle. And the more muscle you have, the more fat you burn — even when you’re at rest. Protein also has the highest thermic effect of all the macronutrients (protein, carbs and fat). So, you burn more calories digesting protein than you do digesting carbs or fats. Best are turkey, egg whites, fish, tuna and skinless, boneless chicken breasts.
Work these Calorie Burning Superfoods into your diet so that you can keep your meals interesting and your metabolism up.
A great way to lose weight fast and stay healthy
We combine these fat burning foods and reveal a new scientific way to lose weight fast written by us from 25 years dieting experience.