Diet Willpower Tips
How bad do you want to be thin ?
Have you got the necessary diet willpower to stick to your plan and reach your weight loss goals?
You may think just shedding those extra pounds would be satisfying and provide enough diet willpower. And of course, it would be nice not to avoid seeing your reflection in shop windows and to receive admiring glances as you walk down the street.
But do remember that if you want to lose weight for the wrong reasons, there’s a strong chance that either your weight loss efforts will fail or that you will put the weight back on once you stop dieting.
By contrast, if you want to lose weight for you, you are much more likely to be pleased with the results! It’s all about willpower and if you want something badly enough, you will have the power to make it happen.
3 Bad reasons for wanting to lose weight:
- Trying to make a bad relationship good
- In an attempt to make someone proud of you
- To get someone to like you
3 Good reasons for wanting to lose weight
- For your fitness
- To avoid or improve health problems
- Improve your self confidence
How to summon the Willpower to stick to your diet
Take a moment every day to day dream… maybe on your way to work, just be fore you get up or go to sleep and focus on:
- See yourself spending time with those who support you.
- Visualise your self as you want to be.
- Let your thoughts gravitate towards all the things that inspire and motivate you. Your energy flows to whatever it is that you put your attention on.
- Hear yourself speaking encouraging words to yourself and hear the positive things that others will be saying to you when you have achieved your goal.
- Feel the ‘positivity’ of your success and glory in the feelings that it evokes. Increase the intensity of those feel good emotions, the high energy and inner confidence.
Try these positive attitude exercises, daily:
- Decide what it is that you really want. For example, if you want to lose weight, think of what it is that you really want, instead of what you don’t want, being overweight. Now say this in a positive way for example, ‘I am fit, energetic and slim’.
- See yourself as this new you and visualise yourself doing all the things that you would most want to do. Who else is in the picture? What are you wearing? Perhaps those jeans that you haven’t been able to fit into for over a year?
Get in the right frame of mind to start your diet
If you’re like many would be dieters, you may find the hardest part of a diet and drumming up your diet willpower, is right at the start. Check out how to get your diet started by putting yourself in the right frame of mind.