The Fat Flush Diet Plan
The Fat Flush Plan has a very clear objective: to improve metabolism, flush out bloat and speed up fat loss. At the core of the diet plan is a commitment to a balanced lifestyle and simple, healthy habits. Each phase of the plan is targeted to achieve this goal.
- Helpful essential fats [e.g., flaxseed oil, gamma-linolenic acid (GLA), and conjugated linoleic acid (CLA)]
- Amounts of protein (8 ounces or more per day plus two eggs)
- Antioxidant-rich vegetables
- Moderate amounts of fruits
- Calorie-burning herbs and spices (e.g., apple cider vinegar, mustard, cayenne, ginger and cinnamon)
- Cleansing diuretic beverages
- Keeping a diary
- And even sleep
Fat Flush Diet components
The fat flush diet includes:
- 225g daily of lean protein such as lean meat, eggs, and fish
- Fruits and vegetables
- Omega-3-rich fats such as flaxseed oil and evening primrose oil
- Spices such as ginger, cayenne, mustard and cinnamon, to speed up metabolism
- The “long-life cocktail”
- Supplemental GLA, which is an essential fat from black currant seed oil that Gittleman sells as 90 mg capsules
The Fat Flush Diet Long Life Cocktail Recipe
One teaspoon of powdered psyllium husks or one tablespoon of ground or milled flaxseed in 237ml of cranwater. Cran Water is one part unsweetened cranberry juice and four parts filtered water
Specific fat flushing diet rules:
- Only one protein item per meal, with the exception of eggs
- Fruits and vegetables cannot be eaten together
- Milk and meat are not allowed together
- No water with meals and fluids only between meals
- Eat about every three hours
Phase 1: The Two-Week Fat Flush
This kickoff phase, which is based on an average of 1100 to 1200 calories daily, is designed to jumpstart weight loss for dramatic results. And this two-week phase should transform your shape by accelerating fat loss from your hips, thighs and buttocks. Because of the reduction in bloat, some people report a loss of up to 12 inches during this phase. Whereas they may lose only 5 pounds in weight which means that they are losing fat and bloat.
- cran-water (8 glasses per day)
- long-life cocktail
- one tablespoon twice daily of organic high-lignan flaxseed oil in non-heated food
- GLA supplements twice daily for a total of 360–400 milligrams
- hot water with the juice of half of a lemon before breakfast (a detox drink for the liver and kidneys)
- 225g of lean protein daily
- one egg per day
- at least two portions of fruit daily
- unlimited raw or steamed vegetables
- one chicken, beef, or vegetable stock cube without salt for cooking
- certain herbs and spices
Forbidden foods during phase 1 include:
- oils and fats, except flaxseed oil
- starchy vegetables such as beans, potatoes, carrots, corn and peas
- dairy products
- most herbs and spices (permitted spices include cinnamon, dill, garlic, and ginger)
What does a typical meal consist of?
A sample phase 1 daily meal plan calls for:
- Upon waking: long-life cocktail
- Before breakfast: 237ml of hot water with lemon juice
- Breakfast: two scrambled eggs with spinach, green onions, spring onions and parsley; 237ml of cran-water
- Snack: Half a large grapefruit
- Twenty minutes before lunch: repeat cran-water
- Lunch: 110g of salmon with lemon and garlic, warm asparagus, mixed green salad with broccoli florets and cucumber, one tablespoon of flaxseed oil, and cran-water
- Mid-afternoon snack: 475ml of cran-water
- Four p.m. snack: one apple
- Twenty minutes before dinner: 237ml of cran-water
- Dinner: 110g of grilled lamb chop with a pinch of cinnamon and dried mustard, sautéed kale in broth, baked summer squash with a bit of clove, and one tablespoon of flaxseed oil
- Mid-evening: long-life cocktail
Each meal should contain one protein item, do not mix milk and meat in the same meal, do not drink water with your meal, and do not mix fruits and vegetables.
The Fat Flush Diet is a popular detox diet
It claims to ‘flush’ your body of toxins that lead to weight gain.
Phase 2: The Ongoing Fat Flush
Phase 2, the Ongoing Fat Flush, is the next step for those individuals who have additional weight to lose but who also want to pursue a more moderate cleansing program and enjoy a bit more variety in food choices while still losing weight. This Phase 2 program is designed for ongoing weight loss, with 1200 to 1500 calories each day, and is designed to be followed until you reach your desired weight or size.
Certain good carbs such as brown rice are reintroduced to the diet, but the meal rules listed in Phase One still apply.
Carbohydrates that may be added back into the diet, at the rate of one per week, include:
- sweet potato
- brown rice
- fresh or frozen peas
- butternut squash
Phase 3 – The maintenance phase
Essentially a weight maintenance phase, with a caloric intake of 1500 calories or over. Some starchy carbs are gradually re-introduced, along with gluten-free grains, and some dairy.
The diet is made up of 40% carbohydrates, 30% protein, and 30% fat, and may include two dairy products and four carbohydrates per day.
Some starchy vegetables, fruits, gluten-free grains, dairy products, and more oils are introduced into the diet one at a time.
Exercise 20 Minutes Each Day
The program contains a significant exercise component. This can be anything from 20 to 40 minutes of exercise per day, depending on the phase.
This is typically low-impact (walking).
Exercise is an important component of the fat flush plan. The first two phases call for brisk walking for 20–30 minutes five times per week and five minutes daily of 100 jumping jacks on a mini trampoline.
Strength training (lifting weights) is also on the list (twice a week) in phase 3 and includes lifting weights for strength training twice per week.
Other fat flush components
- Since caffeine stresses the liver and, according to Gittleman, impedes fat burning, coffee should be reduced and eventually replaced with a cup of herbal coffee each day
- Alcohol is strictly forbidden during phases 1 and 2 because of its damaging effects on the liver
- A sleep prescription of exactly 8 hours per night is also required
- You are asked to keep a diary
The Fat Flush Diet Review
The Fat Flush diet is very restrictive, which some people may see as a disadvantage, and it may mean it’s so strict that it’s hard to stick to.
But it can actually be very helpful in teaching you how to discipline yourself with food. It doesn’t encourage you to take weird supplements or to starve yourself; it’s just teaching you how to retrain yourself so that you look at food in a healthy way so you can lose weight. It also tries to encourage permanent change, which is something that many diet programs overlook.
If you have the willpower to stick to the harsh regime it could be for you.